‘It’s going to be a heap of fun’ – Naomi Osaka excited for blockbuster Australian Open semi
Naomi Osaka says her Australian Open semi-final should be ‘a heap of fun’ after easing past Hsieh Su-wei in the last eight.
Osaka, the 2019 champion, was rarely tested by 35-year-old Hsieh and cruised to a routine 6-2, 6-2 win on Tuesday.
Serena Williams or world number two Simona Halep now await in the semis, but Osaka is looking forward to it either way.
“[I’m] definitely really happy with how I played today,” Osaka said after her the match. “Every time I play her it’s always such a battle.
“Even though the score was like this, it was actually another battle for me. She’s able to hit winners off both sides. You never know when she’s about to go for it. “
“I know my next opponent is Serena or Halep. I normally watch Serena’s matches anyway, but everyone’s told me about my draw here so I kind of had no choice but to know who my next opponent is.
“But definitely it’s going to be a heap of fun.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner