‘It’s going to be a dream to play Novak Djokovic on home soil’, says Miomir Kecmanovic
Miomir Kecmanovic said Novak Djokovic has pushed him to improve “by his example as a champion” ahead of facing the world No. 1 at the Serbia Open.
The 21-year-old Serbian will face his 33-year-old compatriot for the first time in the quarter-finals of the ATP 250 event in Belgrade today. The world No. 47 has beaten Facundo Bagnis and Arthur Rinderknech to reach this stage.
“It’s going to be a dream to play Novak, particularly on home soil. I’ve trained with him and I have admired his game for so many years,” Kecmanovic said in an interview at the tournament.
“He has helped me by his example as a champion and pushed me to improve. I will attempt to use the experience I had in my previous top 10 matches, particularly playing Rafa (Nadal) in Acapulco.
“I’ve played reasonably well this year and I’ve tried to develop all areas of my game, but I hope to push through to the next level and, against a player like Novak, I will need to be disciplined in my tactics. It will be a great challenge.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner