‘It is a possibility’ – Former world number four tips Novak Djokovic for huge record
Tim Henman believes Novak Djokovic has a chance to surpass Margaret Court’s all-time Grand Slam count of 24 titles.
Djokovic is currently third in the men’s Grand Slam race with 17 – three behind rivals Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
However, the Serbian is younger than both of those players and appears to have more years left in him than them and that, according to Henman, could open up the opportunity.
When asked if he thought Djokovic could get to 24 Grand Slam titles, Henman said: “It’s not something I would totally put out of the equation.
“He’s 33 now so you’re saying he’s got to win two Slams a year.
“That’s a hell of an effort and he’s got to do that for another four years. I think that is asking a lot.
“But if you talk about him getting to 21, 22 then, you know, another couple added on top as the icing on the cake.
“The more you think about it – perhaps it is a possibility. It’s phenomenal.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner