‘It feels great to do something not many players have done’, Andrey Rublev in realm of Murray and Federer with incredible streak
Andrey Rublev has extended his ATP 500 level winning streak to 20 matches by beating Hungarian qualifier Marton Fucsovics 7-6, 6-4 in the Rotterdam final on Sunday.
Andrey Rublev’s winning run has spanned four consecutive titles at ATP 500 level in Hamburg, St Petersburg and Vienna in 2020, culminating in Rotterdam this past week. Since the format was introduced in 2009, only Andy Murray (21) and Roger Federer (28) have compiled more consecutive wins at this level.
‘Of course, it is a great number, but I was not even thinking about it,’ Rublev told the ATP following his win. ‘It is a great feeling to know that I did something that not many players did.’
Andrey Rublev has also won the last seven championship matches he has contested, stretching back to Moscow 2019. ‘It has been a great past year and a half,’ he added when speaking to the ATP. ‘We will see if I can keep going, if I can keep this level of competing [and] being a Top 10 [player].’
The Russian goes into the Qatar ExxonMobil Open this week with a 13-1 record in 2021 and as the tournament’s defending champion. He will face Frenchman Richard Gasquet or Slovenian qualifier Blaz Rola in the Round of 16.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner