‘I’m with Novak Djokovic’ – Experienced Frenchman explains his backing for PTPA
Gilles Simon has backed Novak Djokovic and the PTPA, saying there needs to be wider player representation in tennis.
There is currently an ongoing battle between the ATP Players Council and the PTPA – a breakaway independent player’s union launched by Djokovic and Canadian ace Vasek Pospisil.
Many have criticised the Serb for what they believe to be ‘dividing’ tennis, including both Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
However, it is Djokovic who has come out with the backing of experienced Frenchman Simon.
“I sat on the ATP players’ council for a long time,” Simon said.
“I think that players are not represented enough and that we need better organization. That’s why I’m with Novak.
“There are those who do not like or follow Novak Djokovic because he is so committed and polarized.
“Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are more diplomatic, less political.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner