‘I’m well prepared for Wimbledon,’ declares Dan Evans
Dan Evans insisted he is happy with his preparation for Wimbledon despite exiting Queen’s at the quarter-final stage of the tournament.
The British no. 1 fell to big-serving Italian Matteo Berrettini in straight sets, but is happy with his grass season thus far.
“There’s no more real work to be done between now and Wimbledon,” Evans said in his post-match press conference.
“It’s just about keeping my game in good measure. I felt pretty fresh this week and I had a few days out of the bubble before Nottingham so I feel good about it all.”
Evans made the quarter-finals of the Nottingham Challenger last week and then the quarter-finals again at Queen’s, bagging four wins across the two events.
“We’ll see what happens at Wimbledon,” the Brit continued “And whatever happens I can sit here and say I prepared well enough to give myself a decent opportunity to do well and I did that this week.
“I wasn’t good enough today, but that’s just how it is isn’t it. That’s sport I guess.”
Dan Evans best Wimbledon results came in 2016 and 2019, when he made the third round both times.
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner