Top
Casper Ruud Nadal

‘I’m taking a lot of confidence for the next tournaments’, says Casper Ruud after Monte Carlo run

0 Shares

Casper Ruud said he is taking a lot of confidence from his Monte Carlo Masters run into the upcoming clay court events.

The world No. 27 reached the semi-finals of the ATP Masters 1000 tournament in Monaco. The Norwegian was beaten 6-3, 7-5 by world No. 8 Andrey Rublev on Saturday.

“I had some good wins here. The three previous rounds against Schwartzman, Carreno Busta and Fognini – I played well,” Ruud said in a post-match interview.

“I was able to beat very good players, especially on a clay court, which I think is their best surface. I’m taking with me a lot of confidence for the next tournaments.

“I’m really looking forward to the next Masters 1000 events in Madrid and Rome, where I will try to do my best to try to defend my semi-final from last year.

“I have good memories from Rome. And I’m looking forward to playing Madrid. It will be my first time playing the main draw event there.

“Some nice weeks (are) coming. It’s been a very good start of the European clay court season for me. I’m ready for the next tournaments.”

(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)


Casper Ruud Nadal
0 Shares
Copy link