‘I’m taking a lot of confidence for the next tournaments’, says Casper Ruud after Monte Carlo run
Casper Ruud said he is taking a lot of confidence from his Monte Carlo Masters run into the upcoming clay court events.
The world No. 27 reached the semi-finals of the ATP Masters 1000 tournament in Monaco. The Norwegian was beaten 6-3, 7-5 by world No. 8 Andrey Rublev on Saturday.
“I had some good wins here. The three previous rounds against Schwartzman, Carreno Busta and Fognini – I played well,” Ruud said in a post-match interview.
“I was able to beat very good players, especially on a clay court, which I think is their best surface. I’m taking with me a lot of confidence for the next tournaments.
“I’m really looking forward to the next Masters 1000 events in Madrid and Rome, where I will try to do my best to try to defend my semi-final from last year.
“I have good memories from Rome. And I’m looking forward to playing Madrid. It will be my first time playing the main draw event there.
“Some nice weeks (are) coming. It’s been a very good start of the European clay court season for me. I’m ready for the next tournaments.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner