‘I’m eager to tell my story,’ says Serena Williams as Amazon TV deal announced
Amazon Studios made public today that it has signed a deal with Serena Williams for multiple future media projects.
Serena Williams will be the subject of a number of planned programmes as a result of the deal.
“Serena [Williams] will work with Amazon Studios to create scripted and unscripted television projects that will launch exclusively on Amazon Prime Video,” the official press release said.
“[The projects will begin] with an untitled docuseries that follows her in both her professional and personal life,” the release added
The docuseries is executive produced by Serena Williams herself, her coach Patrick Mouratoglou, Stuart Cabb and Tony Pastor.
“I’m very excited to be partnering with Amazon Studios,” the 23-time Grand Slam champion was quoted as saying in the statement.
“They are developing some of the most inspiring and important content for a global audience.
“I have a lot of stories I’m eager to tell, including a continuation of my own, and I look forward to sharing those with the world.”
The head of Amazon Studios, Jennifer Salke, was also given space to contribute to the statement.
“Serena has transformed her sport and become one of the most inspiring athletes, entrepreneurs and women of her generation,” Salke said.
“Admired not only for her unmatched prowess on the court but for her dedication to advocacy as well.
“We’re incredibly excited to share her journey in this new series, and to work with her to create new original content for our Prime Video customers worldwide.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner