‘I’m dealing fantastic, trust me,’ assures a confident Aslan Karatsev
Aslan Karatsev is feeling positive and comfortable after reaching the third round of the Miami Open.
Aslan Karatsev has risen through the rankings very quickly since his surprise run to the semi-finals of the Australian Open. He has since secured a title in Dubai and entered Miami as a seed for the first time at Masters 1000 level.
‘I’m dealing fantastic, trust me,’ he said in an interview with ATP Tennis TV. ‘I mean, I’m not focusing on [coming in as a seed], I’m focusing on my game,’ he continued.
Karatsev defeated Mikhail Kukushkin in the second round to claim his first ever Masters 1000 win.
‘Of course it gives me confidence to win my first title [in Dubai]. But still, you arrive here, it’s a different surface, new tournament, so you try to go [from there].’
When asked about the speed of the court, Karatsev said that it is night and day between Dubai and Miami.
‘I think it’s a huge difference.
‘I think [here] it’s similar to Doha, and Dubai is much faster, when you arrive there you feel it [right away].’
Aslan Karatsev will now face American youngster Sebastian Korda in the third round.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner