‘I feel so good on clay,’ says rising star Lorenzo Musetti
Next-gen headliner Lorenzo Musetti is sure he can give it a good effort heading into the clay season from the hard courts.
Lorenzo Musetti made his tour breakthrough on the dirt and is next set to hit the court on the same surface at the Sardegna Open in Cagliari this week.
“When we were practising these [past few] days, I felt the ball so good and I have good feelings,” Musetti told ATPTour.com. “I think it is going to be really nice and I think I will surprise [others] in the clay season.
“I am really looking forward to playing on clay.”
Lorenzo Musetti claimed his first ATP tour level wins on home clay in Rome last year, defeating Stan Wawrinka and Kei Nishikori. His last appearance at tour level on clay also came at last year’s Sardegna Open in October, where he made the semi-finals before retiring in that match.
“I really enjoy playing here,” Musetti added about Sardegna. “It is a really nice club. It is always sunny… I am really looking forward to playing here in Sardegna and I will try to [achieve] the best result I can.
“In Sardegna last year, I did good [and made] the semi-finals. I will try to do the same or better.”
Lorenzo Musetti will play his first round match against Austrian Dennis Novak on 6th April, looking to continue his rise through the rankings.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner