‘I accept his decision’ – Dominic Thiem dealt further blow as key advsior quits team
Dominic Thiem is still in the headlines as problems surrounding the Austrian continue to pile up, now concerning his support.
Thiem and his manager Herwig Straka have agreed to part ways, with the news coming just days after the world No. 4 crashed out of the French Open.
“The different activities of my person are certainly an advantage in many areas,” Straka explained in a statement reported by kurier.at.
“But in the end it was difficult to do all of the activities such as Dominic’s full-time management, the organisation of the ATP tournaments, my position on the ATP Board of Directors – or the Davis Cup events.
“To bring it under one roof in terms of time and to the full satisfaction of everyone [became unmanageable],” Straka concluded.
Straka joined the Austrian’s support team in 2019 soon after Thiem reached the French Open final, succeeding coach-manager Gunter Bresnik.
Thiem acknowledged Straka’s support since joining him in a statement of his own.
“I can only thank Herwig for the work and dedication in the last two years and of course I accept his decision,” Thiem insisted.
“We were able to celebrate great successes together and stay in good contact.”
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner