“He said she said” Roland Garros Day Five
“I would say my legs were not there at all. Once they arrived it was already too late against such a tough player like her because she was already leading.”
No.28 seed Andrea Petkovic who was beaten by Kazakh Yulia Putintseva 6-2 6-2 at Roland Garros.
“I even didn’t know that, so for me, most important thing is a victory in the second round more than the 200 victories. No, that’s only another number, and that’s it.”
Rafael Nadal who became the 8th man in history to win 200 Grand Slam matches when he defeated Argentinean Facundo Bagnis
“I’m still very young and I’m not in a rush.”
19-year-old Borna Coric who defeated Australian 20th seed Bernard Tomic 3-6 6-2 7-6(4) 7-6(6)
“After I get over the disappointment it’ll be time to get excited for grass. I’m scheduled to play every week of the grass season, so I’m looking forward to that.”
Eugenie Bouchard who was beaten by No.8 seed Timea Bacsinszky 6-4 6-4
“Just happy not to scream too much.”
Aljaz Bedene on what he was thinking about at the end of his match against Pablo Carreno Busta and making it to the third round of Roland Garros where he will face Novak Djokovic for the second time in his career.
“I’m pleased to get the job done in three sets, but, you know, there were things that I definitely didn’t like in my game today.”
Novak Djokovic assesses his performance against Steve Darcis, which he won 7-5 6-3 6-4. It was his 50th Roland Garros match win.
“We are good friends. He’s an excellent player, so it’s going to be a real tough match on Saturday for me. For him, too, I hope.”
22-year-old Dominic Thiem who takes on his friend Alexander Zverev after defeating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. He becomes the first Austrian man to reach the third round here since Jurgen Melzer reached the semi-finals in 2010.
“You have to be really patient, because I’m very intense on the court, because I want to do so well in practice.”
Serena Williams on what qualities her hitting partner needs. She beat Teliana Pereira 6-2 6-1.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner