‘Feelings mutual’ – Roger Federer responds to Andy Murray praise
Andy Murray is inspired by the 20-time Slam champion, and Roger Federer feels similarly about the former world No. 1 Brit.
Murray was one of many up late watching Roger Federer take on Dominik Koepfer, and was thoroughly impressed and moved by sight of the Swiss continuing to fight it out on tour.
“I’m not bothered by the outcome of this match at all,” Murray tweeted during the encounter.
“Just seeing Federer at 39 off the back of 2 knee surgeries playing to an empty stadium at 12.30am getting fired up is inspirational to me. Do what you love.”
Federer’s match with Koepfer was only his sixth since returning to the tour this year after the above mentioned surgeries, and turns 40 in August.
The legend responded to Murray’s message in kind, adding a messof anticipation for Wimbledon to come.
“Thank you Sir Andy,” Federer tweeted, acknowledging Murray’s knighthood. “You gotta love it. See you on the grass.”
Thank you Sir Andy, the feeling is mutual. You gotta love it 💚 See you on the 🌱🎾 https://t.co/6Jln8V6vSw
— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) June 6, 2021
Andy Murray is set to play Queen’s prior to The Championships, while Federer will take to the grass of Halle before SW19.
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner