Federer affirms he has his ‘head up and looking forward to Wimbledon’
Roger Federer is not letting disappointment in Halle get to him as he looks ahead to Wimbledon at the end of the month.
The Swiss maestro failed to reach the quarter-finals of Halle for the first time in his career, falling to Canadian 20-year-old Felix Auger-Aliassime in three sets.
“The good thing is that I know it will not happen the next time around,” Federer explained, in a tournament press conference, on his admittedly negative attitude towards the end of the match.
“And the next time, and the next time that I’m going to be on court. I think that’s also the reason I wanted to take the time between the match and the press conference to truly understand why I felt this way, speak to Ivan [Ljubicic] a little bit and just figure it out.
“And then, straight away, head up, look forward, don’t take any silly decisions right now. Just stay positive and then we take it on to the next goal which is clearly Wimbledon.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner