‘Ever tried, ever failed’ – Stefanos Tsitsipas keen to brush off Australian Open disappointment
Stefanos Tsitsipas was in philosophical mood after his Australian Open semi-final defeat to Daniil Medvedev, saying: ‘ever tried, ever failed.’
The world number six was comprehensively overpowered by Daniil Medvedev, who now progresses into Sunday’s final against Novak Djokovic.
Tsitsipas never really performed on the day, though, and he struggled to hide his disappointment to the press afterwards.
However, he also said sometimes you just have to accept you were beaten by a quality player.
“As Stan [Wawrinka] says – ever tried, ever failed… I really hope it gets better the next time.”
“It’s not always going to be perfect and how you want it to be,” Tsitsipas said after the match. “My body is feeling OK, he played really well.
“Medvedev is a player who has pretty much everything unlocked in his game.
“He is smart, serves almost like Isner and his baseline game is great.
“[He] makes things really difficult for the opponent, he tricks you and he plays the game really smart, which is interesting to see.
“Playing in semi-finals is a difficult thing, I have to get there and to be in a right state of mind.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner