Emma Raducanu ditches coach following surprise US Open win
Emma Raducanu has split from her coach Andrew Richardson less that two weeks after winning the US Open.
Raducanu made history in New York by becoming the first qualifier to ever win a Grand Slam tournament.
That meant she had to come through ten matches rather than the usual seven, which she did without dropping a single set.
However, the 18-year-old has now taken the decision to seek a coach with more Tour level pedigree as she plots an assault on the WTA top ten.
Emma Raducanu saying she has already split from coach Andrew Richardson, who guided her throughout the US, and is looking for someone with more tour level experience.
— Mike Dickson (@Mike_Dickson_DM) September 24, 2021
Emma Raducanu has seen her life instantly transformed by her success in New York.
She picked up the winners’ prize money of around $2.5million and immediately jumped more than 100 places in the world rankings.
Last week she also secured a major new endorsement deal with jewellery giant Tiffany & Co.
- Read >> Breaking tennis news
- Follow >> 24/7 LIVE scores
- Join >> Tennishead CLUB, the world’s only virtual tennis club
- Social >> Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Order >> World’s best tennis magazine
- Shop >> Lowest price tennis gear from our trusted retail partner