Elina Svitolina in a ‘good mood’ for US swing after Olympics success
Elina Svitolina believes her bronze medal at Tokyo Olympics could inspire her for the upcoming hard-court swing in America.
Former world number one Svitolina has not enjoyed a great start to 2021, losing in the third round at Roland Garros before suffering a second round exit at Wimbledon last month.
However, the Ukranian found some form in Tokyo to claim a bronze medal after recovering from a set down to defeat Elena Rybakina in the play-off match.
— Elina Monfils (@ElinaSvitolina) August 2, 2021
Up next for Svitolina is the Canadian Open where she hopes to continue her recent run of form.
“For sure, physically I was really tired after Tokyo but I had a few days off and that really helped me to recover and really enjoy this win. Right now I feel much better.” she said.
“Coming back strong at the Olympics, playing some great tennis, good tennis, even when I was down. Winning that medal really inspired me to play until the very last point and to fight for what I want. I’m now more happy and really in a good mood for the US swing.” Svitolina added.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner