Dominic Thiem gives injury update ahead of Dubai: ‘It doesn’t look like it’ll be a bigger issue’
Dominic Thiem has issued an injury update ahead of the Dubai Duty Free Championships, saying he does not expect his foot problem to develop into a bigger issue.
The world number four revealed last week he was suffering from a long-standing foot problem, saying he ‘feels it every day.’
However, he has now added that he does not expect to see it worsen, and the softness of a clay surface usually helps him deal with it.
“Yeah, of course, I mean, on hardcourt, it’s a little bit worse, than on clay,” Dominic Thiem said.
“I can slide it out. It’s a way softer surface. But I mean, I’m, I have a little bit of pain there since many, many years, actually, since a very young age.
“That’s why it’s not bothering me too much. Sometimes it’s worse, sometimes it’s better.
“But as of now, it’s doesn’t look like it’s gonna be a bigger issue. And I hope it’s gonna stay like that.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner