Djokovic makes it a perfect 10 of semi-finals at Wimbledon
Novak Djokovic has successfully made it to a 10th career Wimbledon semi-final, and a shot at a 7th final.
The world No. 1 dispatched Hungarian opponent Marton Fucsovics in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 as his seemingly inevitable march to the Wimbledon final continues.
Djokovic has dropped just one set en route to the semi-finals, being the opening set of his first round match against teenage wildcard Jack Draper.
None of the Serb’s matches have gone longer two and a half hours, racking up a little over ten hours on-court over five matches.
After taking a 5-1 lead in the opening set, Djokovic was broken by Fucsovics before the Serb served out for a 6-3 first set.
From there, Djokovic did not surrender a single break point, saving all four remaining chances for the Hungarian.
The five-time Wimbledon champion himself only required one break in each of the second and third sets to seal the match.
Djokovic has now reached 41 Grand Slam semi-finals and can reach a 30th final if he comes out of his last four encounter victorious.
The Serb will fancy his chances no matter the opponent should he reach the championship match, having lost just one of of his six previous finals, to Andy Murray back in 2013.
He is four from four since then in 2014, 2015 and 2019 against Roger Federer, as well as in 2018 against Kevin Anderson.
- Keep up to date with all the breaking Wimbledon News
- Enjoy our exclusive & free ‘Guide to Wimbledon 2021′
- Order the bumper Wimbledon special issueof Tennishead magazine
- Follow our live commentary from all the biggest matches at Wimbledon
- Don’t miss a thing with ourWimbledon Live Scores service
- Follow Tennishead at Wimbledon on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all Tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner