‘Coronavirus has caused a special, unique moment – so be kind,’ says Juan Martin del Potro from self-isolation
Juan Martin del Potro has vowed to continue with his recovery from injury despite being restricted to home by the coronavirus outbreak.
The Argentinian is battling his way back from a decimating second fractured kneecap injury inside a year, and the coronavirus crisis is likely the last thing that he needs right when he hoped he would be stepping up his recovery.
However, in typical Del Potro fashion, he has shared a message of pure positivity from his home in Argentina.
“Early today I arrived home after two months in Miami,” he wrote on Instagram.
“Of course, I am already following quarantine at home and will try to go on with my recovery here.
“It is very important to take care of each other. Please follow the specialists’ advice, be empathetic.
“It is a special, unique moment and we need to give our best.
“I want to thank the commander of the Aerolineas Argentinas flight that landed this morning in Buenos Aires.
“Thanks to all its crew for their kindness during the flight. Also, a big hug to the doctors and health professionals during this difficult times.”
Currently, all tennis has been cancelled until June 8 at the earliest as the word wrestles to get the spread of the coronavirus under control.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner