Coach Marian Vajda ‘certain’ to reunite with Novak Djokovic at the French Open
Coach Marian Vajda says he will ‘certainly’ travel to Roland Garros with Novak Djokovic after he missed the Australian Open.
Vajda is the primary coach for Djokovic, although he remained at home while Goran Ivanisevic took the reigns in Australia.
The pair have tended to share much of the traveling in the last couple of years, but Vajda says he will be back to to help Djokovic try to conquer Rafael Nadal in Paris.
“We need to see what his calendar will look like,” Vajda told Kurir.rs.
“I think I will travel to Dubai to see him (Djokovic), and I will certainly be with him at Roland Garros.”
Although Vajda was not present in Melbourne, he says he made sure the Serbian was well-prepared for the challenge.
“We were together in Marbella, in December,” he revealed. “We worked on service, first and second. Also on the return, which is especially important in all matches.
“It was a pleasure to watch from a distance how everything was used in the final against Medvedev.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner