Bianca Andreescu ‘seeing great improvement’ under new coach
Bianca Andreescu is delighted with her fresh coaching setup and how this new chapter of her career has begun to unfold.
The Canadian star recently split with coach Sylvain Bruneau, and is now working with Sven Groeneveld, former coach to Maria Sharapova.
The 2019 US Open champion takes to the courts of the National Bank Open next, having claimed the title when the tournament was last played in 2019.
“So far I’m really enjoying myself on and off the court,” Andreescu told journalists ahead of the event in Montreal.
“We get along on and off the court. He has great knowledge and I already see a lot of improvement on the court, tennis aspect, mental aspect, so I’m feeling very confident.”
Andreescu had a rough grass and clay season, losing in the first round of both Roland Garros and Wimbledon, but will be looking to find her form again during the North American hard court swing.
“We had a good connection on [a video call] and I was hoping it would be the same in person, and it was,” Andreescu added.
“So I’m really excited for this trial period.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner