Bianca Andreescu confirms return for 2021, declaring: ‘I’m perfectly healthy’
Bianca Andreescu says she is now ‘perfectly healthy’ and will return to tennis refreshed in 2021.
The Canadian has not played a single match in 2020 after failing to recover from a knee injury sustained at the WTA Finals 12 months ago.
However, after returning to the practice court this week, she says everything is in place for her to resume her career next year.
“I’m doing really well,” Andreescu told Tennis Majors.
“The virus pushed me back, and some little personal things here and there, but right now I’m good.
“I’m perfectly healthy. I’m training hard [and] I’m really looking forward to 2021.”
Andreescu has been blighted by injuries since winning the US Open aged just 19 last rear, but she says in many ways the pause may have done her good.
“I really wanted to take time to build everything in my life, and I think this time off helped me do that.”
Despite her lack of tennis, Andreescu has still retained her place in the world’s top ten due to the unique rankings system this year brought about by the coronavirus crisis.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner