Best of British
If you know someone who loves their tennis and likes to buy British, then Mantis have a range of rackets that might suit.
It might not be the best known brand, but since they first hit the market in 2011, Mantis rackets have continued to surprise our testers in the annual tennishead racket reviews.
We think Santa would be very popular if he delivered one of these rackets – boasting quality materials, the latest technology and British entrepreneurship.
We’ve picked out two rackets that we think might tempt you; the Mantis Pro 295 II – targeted at more experienced players – won an award in our 2016 racket reviews, while the Xenon 265 is ideal for a beginner or youngster ready for their first adult racket – but you can check out the full range on the Mantis website.
MANTIS Pro 295 II Tennis Racket – £149.99
Voted best value in tennishead’s 2016 intermediate racket reviews, the Mantis Pro 295 II is a great all round racket. The frame, which is developed for intermediate and advanced players who are looking for the perfect balance of power and control, was hugely popular with our testers.
At 295g unstrung and with a 325mm balance, the Pro 295 II is impressively manoeuvrable compared to similarly weighted rackets. The open 16 x 19 string pattern also allows for easy generation of spin.
We voted it great value, but Santa will look even more generous now as Mantis are giving away a free six-racket thermo bag with selected frames, including this one.
MANTIS XENON 265 Tennis Racket – £49.99
It can be tricky choosing a racket for a youngster who is ready for their first full-size frame, but we think the Mantis Xenon 265 is a pretty safe bet.
Offering a blend of power and control without sacrificing comfort, the Xenon 265 is an ideal gift for a young budding player.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner