Benoit Paire vents frustrations at contracting Covid for ‘250th time’ in irate Twitter rant
Benoit Paire has once again contracted Covid-19 just prior to a Grand Slam, this time before the Australian Open, and took to Twitter to voice his anger.
In 2020, Paire tested positive for Covid-19 just days before his opening match at the US Open and as such was forced to withdraw and undergo a period of quarantine.
Similarly, the Frenchman was also one of the 72 players who were required to complete a mandatory hotel quarantine after three of the chartered flights were found to be infected with Covid.
Once his quarantine had ended, Paire lost in the first round of the Australian Open and launched a tirade against the tournament organisers, Tennis Australia, in which he said they didn’t treat players with enough respect and slammed their handling of the flights as “shameful.”
In a recent Twitter rant, Paire said “hello, my name is Benoit Paire and for the 250th time I am positive for Covid. Honestly, I can’t take more of your sh*t Covid.
“How am I doing? Because of Covid I have a runny nose, but because of all these quarantines spent in a room on the other side of the world, I don’t feel very well in my head (with regards to his mental health.)
“Last year has been difficult and this year starts the same way.
“PS: Just one thing, I am 100% for the vaccine but in this case let’s live again as before otherwise I can not see the point
“And it is secondary but @atptour, how do you defend the players in my case?”
Paire was set to compete in an ATP 250 lead-in tournament in Melbourne next week as he looked to prepare for the ‘Happy Slam’, but he will now miss the event.
The Australian Open gets underway on January 22nd, leaving Paire just a few weeks to return a negative test and begin his preparation.
— paire benoit (@benoitpaire) December 29, 2021
🎾 Read >> Breaking tennis news
🎾 Follow >> 24/7 LIVE scores
🎾 Free >> Receive our legendary newsletter
🎾 Order >> World’s best tennis magazine