‘ATP Finals will be the last place where people are vulnerable to Covid,’ says Alexander Zverev
The ATP Finals will be completely safe, says Alexander Zverev, who has revealed some details of the expected bubble there.
Nearly a quarter of a million people attended the event last season but it will be played behind closed doors for it’s final edition in London due to coronavirus spikes in the UK.
Zverev, though, believes it will prove to be a very safe environment for the players and staff involved.
“We will stay in a hotel next to the stadium, which will be bolted,” Zverev said of the ATP Finals in London.
“I think this will be the last place, where people are vulnerable to the coronavirus disease.”
Zverev will head to the O2 in pretty good form. He reached the final of the US Open and backed that up with winning the title in Cologne last week.
“Although we didn’t have any fans inside the arena, I felt the support from home,” Zverev told reporters in Cologne.
“I had the feeling playing on home soil and I hope that many fans watched the final on TV.
“It is different and more difficult this year, as we played less tournaments than usual. I hope that I can keep it up like this.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner