Andy Murray to return on Nottingham grass in preparation for Wimbledon
Andy Murray will take part in the Nottingham Open prior to Queen’s and Wimbledon build some match play on the grass.
Andy Murray has entered the ATP Challenger Tour event at the Nottingham Open, set to be held from 5-13 June.
The Brit also plans to play Queen’s, where he is a five-time champion, immediately after from 14-20 June, before Wimbledon gets underway on 28th June.
— LTA (@the_LTA) May 18, 2021
Murray has only played three tour-level singles matches so far in 2021, one in Montpellier and two in Rotterdam, winning one against Robin Haase in the first round of Rotterdam.
The three-time Slam champion suffered a freak groin injury in Miami and has not played a competitive singles match since.
Murray did make an appearance in the Italian Open doubles alongside compatriot Liam Broady, winning their first round match before exiting in the Round of 16.
Now ranked at world No. 124, Murray will be hoping to appear in the Wimbledon singles for the first time since 2017.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner