Andy Murray suffers further injury setback, making his return unlikely for another four months
Andy Murray has suffered a further injury setback, with it being reported he will now miss the Miami Open too.
Murray finished last season with a sense of real optimism after winning a first singles title since hip surgery, beating Stan Wawrinka in the final of the European Open in Antwerp.
He then went to the Davis Cup, but was restricted to just one match due to a groin injury.
That put paid to his plans to play at the ATP Cup and Australian Open in January.
He then put his plans back further, withdrawing from Montpellier and Rotterdam too, with Miami believed to be next on his list of targets.
However, the Daily Mail are reporting that Andy Murray has now abandoned those plans too.
With clay court season, which Murray is expected to skip due to the harsher physical demands of the surface, coming directly after Miami, the reality now may be that Murray will not be back on court until grass season.
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates with our legendary newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner