‘Andy Murray is the most competitive guy you’ll ever see – never discount him’ says Greg Rusedski
Andy Murray has been backed to regain at least some of his former glories by Amazon Prime analyst Greg Rusedski.
Murray saw his career come to a devastating halt four years ago when a degenerative hip condition flared up whilst he was world number one.
He has been battling it ever since, and underwent major surgery in 2019 to give himself one last shot at beating it.
That surgery appears to have been a big success, and the fact he is back playing singles on the ATP Tour itself is a major triumph.
he has set himself loftier goals, though, saying he genuinely believes he can win Wimbledon again ad compete with the best players in the world.
“Andy Murray is the most competitive guy you’ll ever see in your life,” Rusedski said.
“You don’t win three majors and get to number one and everything he’s accomplished without that massive belief and massive drive.
“Miami’s one of his favourite places to play. If he gets a good draw, there’s a real possibility of him having a good run.
“For me the question mark is always his movement to his forehand side.
“You can never discount great champions and it would be great to see him playing well again. You shoot for the stars and maybe you get to the moon.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner