Andreescu woes continue at French Open as she falls in the first round
The awful luck of Bianca Andreescu continued in Paris today as the world No. 7 lost to Tamara Zidansek in an epic first round encounter.
Bianca Andreescu continues to struggle on tour as the young Canadian fell in a gruelling match that ended 6-7, 7-6, 9-7 in favour of the Slovenian after three hours and 20 minutes on-court.
Andreescu made a return match play at this year’s Australian Open after over a year out injured, going on to reach the Miami Open final and looking to recapture past form.
However, after retiring from that final, the 2019 US Open champion then took seven weeks off before playing Strasbourg, only making the quafrter-finals.
What. A. Battle. 😮
— Roland-Garros (@rolandgarros) May 31, 2021
Andreescu will have been hoping that he injury setbacks were behind her and that she could go on a run at the French Open this year, but it was not to be as her opponent won out in the end.
Canadian fans will have to back another youngster for the women’s draw as Leylah Fernandez won her first round match on Day 1 of Roland Garros.
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner