Alexander Zverev ‘thinks he’s mustard’ reveals Wimbledon seed
German star Alexander Zverev has got the attitude and the ability to challenge the ‘Big Three’, according to a Wimbledon seed.
British No 1 Dan Evans, who is seeded number 22 at Wimbledon, revealed that the World No 6 certainly doesn’t lack for confidence ahead of the grass-court Slam.
The 31-year-old also thinks the German has a chance to challenge the likes of Djokovic and Nadal, stating that both Stefanos Tsitsipas and Zverev are ‘ahead’ of the other Next Gen talent.
“Alexander Zverev has got the attitude, he thinks he’s mustard and that’s a big thing. Those two are a bit ahead of the others, in my opinion,” said Evans.
Zverev has been handed a generous draw at SW19, beginning his campaign against qualifier Tallon Griekspoor before a possible meeting against Tennys Sandgren.
Despite possessing a game suitable for the grass courts with a big first serve and crunching groundstrokes, the German is yet to get past the fourth round at Wimbledon, a feat he achieved in 2017.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner