‘A lot has changed since then,’ Andy Murray faces home favourite Robin Haase in Rotterdam
Andy Murray and Robin Haase will face off for the fifth time in their ATP careers in the first round of Rotterdam today.
Both men were awarded wildcards into the event, presenting an opportunity to compete for each of them. The two have met at the tournament before back in 2008, their first ATP meeting and Haase’s sole victory over the Brit.
Murray also won the title in Rotterdam back in 2009 by beating Nadal in the final. But he is not betting on old results. “It was 12 years ago when I won [the title] here, and 13 years ago since I played Robin [in Rotterdam],” he told the ATP.
“A lot has changed since then.’ It has been some time since their last meeting at Wimbledon in 2015.
Despite not being allowed to play the Australian Open, and without a tour-level win so far this year, Murray is positive about playing Rotterdam.
“I like it a lot here,” he said. “They’ve done a really nice job for the players and big thanks to everyone involved.”
The scheduled start for Andy Murray vs Robin Haase is 6:30pm GMT today.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner