‘We both feel we can beat anyone,’ Alexander Zverev relishing Stefanos Tsitsipas clash
Alexander Zverev says his semi-final matchup against Stefanos Tsitsipas at the Cincinnati Masters will be perfect preparation for the upcoming US Open.
The German star was in fine form in his quarter-final contest against Casper Ruud, beating the Norwegian 6-1 6-3 in 61 minutes to book a semi-final berth.
Tsitsipas on the other hand, won a three set encounter against Felix Auger-Aliassime to take his court time to six hours and 15 minutes after three matches (Two hours and 43 minutes longer than Zverev).
Zverev, who currently trails the Greek 6-2 in the career head-to-head, believes the match will be real test ahead of the US Open on 30 August.
“The matches are not going to get easier. I think Stef is somebody who is in incredible form right now and he’s looking forward to playing this match as well because we’re right in front of the US Open,” said Zverev.
“We should be playing our best tennis, and I think it’s going to be entertaining for all of us.
“When you’re in the semi-finals of a Masters, you’re playing your best tennis. I just feel like when I’m playing at my best, I can compete and beat anybody. But I think Stef feels the same way. The better player will win tomorrow and I’m looking forward to that.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner