WATCH: Cameron Norrie hits stunning winner to oust Denis Shapovalov
Cameron Norrie ousted second seed Denis Shapovalov in straight sets to reach the final of the cinch Championships at Queen’s Club.
The world No. 41 saw off the world No. 14 from Canada 7-5, 6-3 in a high-quality semi-final at the ATP 500 tournament.
The 25-year-old Brit lost serve in the opening game, but broke back to level the opening set at 3-3.
An absolute STUNNER from @cam_norrie! 🤩🤩
— cinch Championships (@QueensTennis) June 19, 2021
Norrie then held from 0-30 down for 6-5, and took the first set with a stunning down-the-line backhand passing shot in the following game.
Both players saved break points as the second set progressed on serve – until Norrie critically broke the 22-year-old to go up 5-3.
He served the match out for the loss of a single point to seal his spot in the biggest final of his career.
The unseeded left-hander will face top seed and world No. 9 Matteo Berrettini in the title match.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner