Tsonga books Nottingham date
Australian Open runner-up Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has confirmed he will be at this June’s Nottingham Open grass court event.
The explosive Frenchman, who made his name during his run to his first grand slam final in Melbourne this January, will be strutting his stuff at the City of Nottingham Tennis Centre from 16-21 June.
Tsonga will be hoping the British crowds have forgiven him for sending Andy Murray crashing out of the Aussie Open in the first round.
He also beat world No.2 Rafa Nadal on his way to the title decider Down Under. It’s the first time Tsonga will be playing the Nottingham event.
Giant Croat Ivo Karlovic won the 2007 Nottingham Open event, while Jamie Murray and Eric Butorac claimed the doubles title.
Visit the Lawn Tennis Association website for ticket details.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner