‘There is much to suggest Novak Djokovic will overtake Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal,’ says analyst
Novak Djokovic is now the likely to overtake Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer in the race for Grand Slam titles, says former ATP ace Patrik Kuhnen.
Djokovic won a ninth Australian Open crown in Melbourne this month, powering past Daniil Medvedev in the final.
That was achieved despite suffering an abdomen tear in the third round, and Kuhnen, who is now a respected analyst for Sky Sports Germany, believes he has a major advantage over his rivals and knows how to use it.
“There is much to suggest that the Serb will eventually overtake Federer and Nadal and become the champion of records,” Kuhnen said.
“The Australian Open once again made it clear to me: Djokovic is in his own league, especially mentally.
“The ‘Djoker’ gets even more in the heads of his opponents.
“Due to his ability to seal off the court, to return so brilliantly and to play flawlessly in the decisive moments, the pressure increases on the opponent to try something special.
“The top favourite for the French Open is, as always, Rafael Nadal. The top favourite for Wimbledon and the US Open must currently be Novak Djokovic.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner