Stosur and Raymond reach doubles final
Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur secured a spot in the women’s doubles final at the US Open after stopping No.4 seeds Katarina Srebotnik and Ai Sugiyama 7-5 6-1.
35-year-old Raymond and 24-year-old Samantha Stosur await the winner of the second semi-final between top seeds Cara Black and American Liezel Huber – who faced each other in the mixed doubles final – and Spaniards Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual.
Check out our snapper’s musings from day 11 of the US Open.
The Wimbledon runners-up Raymond and Stosur were the US Open champs in 2005 and captured the French Open in 2006.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner