Stefanos Tsitsipas: ‘Playing Lorenzo Musetti is serious business. We share similar games’
Stefanos Tsitsipas has described facing Lorenzo Musetti in the Lyon semi-finals as “serious business” and said he expects “big things” from the 19-year-old.
The world No. 5 reached the last four of the ATP 250 event today with a 6-3, 6-4 victory against Yoshihito Nishioka.
The Greek will face world No. 88 Musetti for the second time – having beaten him 6-1, 6-3 in the Acapulco semi-finals in March – after the Italian defeated Aljaz Bedene in straight sets.
“We played in different conditions [in Acapulco], on a hard court. The conditions here are different,” said Tsitsipas in a post-match interview.
ATP wins in 2021:
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) May 21, 2021
“We share similar games with a one-handed backhand, which is beautiful to see. Tomorrow is going to be serious business and I know he can play well on this surface and elevate his game.
“I have been following his performances, he has been improving a lot and has a good record on clay, beating some good opponents. I expect big things for him.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner