Stefanos Tsitsipas: ‘My game is at its best right now. It’s important to go for more’
Stefanos Tsitsipas said his recent clay court results “speak for themselves” and he is hoping for more in Madrid, Rome and at Roland Garros.
In April, the world No. 5 won the Monte Carlo Masters and reached the final of the Barcelona Open ATP 500 event. The 22-year-old is set to play at the Madrid Open Masters 1000 event next week.
Tsitsipas was asked in a Tennis TV interview if he had had time to reflect on the results he achieved in Monte Carlo and Barcelona.
The Greek replied: “Not so much. The results speak for themselves and I’ve been doing great lately on the clay court season.
“I feel that’s an opportunity for me to shine in that surface and I had great results in the last couple of weeks. So definitely looking forward on better results in Madrid and Rome, (and) at the French Open.
“I really look forward to play these events and I think my game – it’s at its best right now. It’s important for me to keep up with the pace and go for more.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner