‘Stefanos Tsitsipas has no holes in his game,’ says Novak Djokovic ahead of potential clash
Stefanos Tsitsipas is a player without any weaknesses, says world number one Novak Djokovic ahead of a potential Australian Open final clash.
Djokovic faced Tsitsipas in the semi-finals of the French Open back in October, with the Greek able to take him all the way to a deciding set before injury began to hamper him.
Tsitsipas may get another shot at Djokovic this week, this time in a Grand Slam final, but only if he first overcomes Daniil Medvedev in the semi.
And Djokovic, who booked his place in a ninth Australian Open final on Thursday with a comfortable win over Aslan Karatsev, thinks Tsitsipas is getting very close to becoming the complete player.
“Stefanos Tsitsipas is also on a roll,” Djokovic told Eurosport. “He’s playing really well.
“He won a couple of matches in the ATP Cup against good opponents.
“He had a tough one against [Thanasi] Kokkinakis and Nadal and he managed to win those in five sets, which is very impressive.
“Even though a five-setter takes a lot out of your energy, it gives you a lot of confidence and makes you kind of feel better about yourself in the next match.
“He’s definitely going in the right direction. He’s very solid, all-around player. He has no holes in his game.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner