Stefanos Tsitsipas dominates on serve in Miami win against Dzumhur
World No. 5 Stefanos Tsitsipas reached the third round of the 2021 Miami Open after a commanding win against Damir Dzumhur.
The Greek star lost just 13 points on serve in the 6-1, 6-4 second round victory against the Bosnian lucky loser.
He hit six aces to no double faults, and made 78% of his first serves – behind which he won 76% of the points. The second seed also won an impressive 64% of the points on his second serve.
“It’s great to be back. I enjoyed my performance today,” Tsitsipas said in an on-court interview.
“I think it’s fair to say the crowd were as happy as me, and I think it was good for me to be able to play with so much aggression and be able to dictate the points.
“I was serving really well. There were a few moments where I could break a few more times.
“He (Dzumhur) is a tricky opponent. He can mix up the game and do lots of different things. He’s an opponent that’s definitely underrated.”
The 22-year-old will face 28th seed Kei Nishikori in the third round.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner