Stefanos Tsitsipas ‘can do anything he wants’ with his forehand claims Reilly Opelka
Reilly Opelka’s brilliant run at Toronto Masters continued as he beat Roberto Bautista in straight sets to setup a semi-final clash against Stefanos Tsitsipas.
Opelka powered down 18 aces in a serving masterclass against the Spaniard, and didn’t face a single break point in one hour and 20 minutes.
When asked about facing World number three Tsitsipas in the final four, Opelka claimed that playing against one of the best players in the world would be a very good test for him. The American named Tsitsipas’ forehand as the best in the world immediately after winning his quarter-final match.
“It will be a good test against one of the best in the world. I’m happy for the matchup,” Opelka said. “If you’re playing Stefanos, it means you’re having a good week. It’s a big moment, it’s a big match because he’s one of the best in the world.”
“He can go anywhere with his forehand,” the American added. “He’s one of the few guys that can take the ball early, take time away, change direction. He can do anything he wants with it [forehand]. So, yeah, I would say that’s the biggest reason why he’s No. 3 in the world.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner