Stay cool with ASICS
The ASICS Institute of Sports Science, based in the Japanese city of Kobe, is at the heart of the companies product development.
It is where technology incorporated into ASICS shoes have been developed. Now the company’s latest range of clothing has incorporated some clever technologies
Gel-Cool is the first feature of the Gel technology originally found in ASICS shoes to be used in the company’s clothes. After close collaboration between the design, development and product management teams, the Gel-Cool ranges of Men’s and women’s clothing is designed to keep the wearer cool and comfortable fro longer.
Central to the technology is the use of three different meshes in each garment. The sourcing and material teams at ASICS worked with specialist suppliers to develop the fabrics. The designs for the Gel-Cool range feature the unique ASICS design DNA of a hexagon and a back stripe. The Gel print helps to keep the player cool. It expands when in contact with moisture and creates a ventilation space between the skin and fabric where air can flow.
Some of the brands ambassadors like Gael Monfils and Johanna Konta are involved in product development.
The feedback helps in a number of ways. For example, with mens shorts, the pockets need to be wide enough to get a ball in and deep enough to ensure that it does not fall out
The Gel-Cool women’s dress and top have a racer back. The fabric is breathable and dries quickly. the rear hem and body length is designed longer so the top will not roll.
The mens polo is made from quick dry fabric. Added ventilation comes from the button -down classic polo collar and from side slits in the bottom hem and the extended rear hem
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner