Stat Point: Djokovic reaches two milestones, Nadal and Swiatek extend dominant streaks
Check out the latest facts and figures from the 2021 French Open with our stat summary for today, including two records for Novak Djokovic.
Djokovic’s Roland Garros consistency
By defeating Ricardas Berankis today, Djokovic became the first player in the Open Era to reach the fourth round of the French Open in 12 consecutive appearances.
The Serbian has surpassed his great rivals Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer – who both made the last 16 in Paris 11 times in a row.
(stats compiled from ATPTour.com)
Swiatek’s set dominance in Paris
Iga Swiatek – the defending French Open women’s singles champion – has now won 20 straight sets at Roland Garros.
The 20-year-old Pole beat Anett Kontaveit 7-6 (7-4) 6-0 today – the first tiebreak she has played during the run. The world No. 9 has only dropped five games in one other set in the streak.
Les 20 derniers sets d’Iga Swiatek à Roland-Garros
— Quentin Moynet (@QuentinMoynet) June 5, 2021
(stats from WTATennis.com)
Nadal’s two stunning streaks
In seeing off Cameron Norrie 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 today, Nadal stretched two sublime French Open runs.
The 13-time champion has now won 32 consecutive sets at Roland Garros – going back to the 2019 final where he defeated Dominic Thiem in four sets. In addition, the Spaniard is on an unbeaten run of 33 matches at the event – starting in 2016.
(stats compiled from ATPTour.com)
Djokovic’s all-surface brilliance
Djokovic’s third round win today lifted him to another milestone – becoming the only ATP player to have won 80% or more of his matches on all three surfaces.
The triumph lifted the Serbian to a career clay court win rate of 80.1% (237-59), while he sits at 84.4% on hard courts and 84.1% on grass.
Number of players to have
80+ Win% on one surface – 11
80+ Win% on two surfaces – 8
80+ Win% on all three surfaces – Novak Djokovic 🇷🇸🐐
[84.4% HC, 80.1% Clay, 84.1% Grass] pic.twitter.com/8T7wTABjeL
— Kanav (@IdemoDjoko) June 5, 2021
(stats compiled from UltimateTennisStatistics.com)
A piece of history for Musetti
By beating countryman Marco Cecchinato in a five-set thriller, 19-year-old Italian Lorenzo Musetti became the first player born in 2002 or later to reach a Grand Slam fourth round.
The previous youngest player to make the last 16 of a major was fellow Italian Jannik Sinner – who was born in 2001 – at last year’s French Open.
lorenzo musetti is the first male player born in 2002 to reach a slam round of 16 pic.twitter.com/zMW91ZX1EV
— Luca Brancher (@LucaBeck) June 5, 2021
(stats from Luca Brancher – Twitter: @LucaBeck)
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner