Stars sign up for British grass events
Lindsay Davenport, Amelie Mauresmo and Jelena Jankovic have all confirmed they’ll be in Britain for Wimbledon warm-up events in Birmingham and Eastbourne WTA event this year.
Jankovic will be back at the Edgbaston WTA event at Priory Club in Birmingham to defend her DFS Classic title. The world No.5 from Serbia beat Maria Sharapova in last year’s final.
Davenport and Mauresmo are both former champions at Eastbourne’s Devonshire Park, the American winning in 2001 and the Frenchwoman taking the doubles title in 2006. Both are also former Wimbledon champions.
The DFS Classic runs from 7-15 June, while the International Womens Open in Eastbourne takes place from 14-21 June.
Visit the Lawn Tennis Association website for ticket details.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner