‘Not where I want to be’ – Stan Wawrinka posts injury update from hospital bed
Stan Wawrinka has posted an injury update from hospital as he continues to recover from foot surgery.
The three-time Grand Slam winner has endured a torrid time with injuries since injuring his knee at Wimbledon in 2017, and he is currently on the sidelines again.
This current spell is due to a foot injury, with him not playing a match since losing to Lloyd Harris in Qatar in March.
The injury required surgery, and it seems he is still struggling to overcome it.
View this post on Instagram
“Same place, different day,” Warwinka said on Instagram to caption a video of him in a hospital bed.
“Not where I want to be but still a smile on my face. I will be back.
Wawrinka, who last won a Slam in 2016 at the US Open, has not yet placed a date on his return, although it seems likely that Flushing Meadows in August will be featuring prominently in his mind.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner