Stan Wawrinka ‘out for a few weeks’ after foot surgery
Three-time Grand Slam champion Stan Wawrinka will be out of action for a few weeks after undergoing minor surgery on a left foot injury.
The world No. 21 last appeared at the Qatar Open in Doha earlier this month – where he lost to Lloyd Harris in the first round.
Wawrinka said on Twitter: “After having some problems in my left foot for a while, I have decided to do a small procedure on it.
“Everything went well. I will be out for a few weeks but can’t wait to start practicing again soon.”
Hey guys, just wanted to update you . After having some problems in my left foot for a while, I have decided to do a small procedure 💉🔬🔪🦶 on it. Everything went well 🙏🏼. I will be out for a few weeks but can’t wait to start practicing again soon 🏃🏻💪🏻 🎾🧡 pic.twitter.com/5PZre7kluA
— Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka) March 25, 2021
The 35-year-old Swiss has a 3-3 record in 2021 after a mixed start to the season.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner