‘Roger Federer is the most perfect guy in the world,’ says ATP ace
Frances Tiafoe has described Roger Federer as ‘perfect’ but holds him as an example as how nobody can please everyone in tennis.
Tiafoe is attempting to help bring about a new era of men’s American tennis, and is seen as one of the brightest prospects within the US ranks.
However, he knows that no matter what he does in the game, universal popularity can never be a goal as, if Roger Federer can’t even achieve it, nobody can.
“Real recognises real,” Tiafoe told Sky Sports.
“Roger Federer, to me, is the most perfect guy in the world and I bet some people don’t like him.
“You can’t please everybody and you kind of move with that energy. “You do things that are right and these people are doing things that are right and they can sleep well at night knowing that.
“Some people are going to love it, some people are going to hate it, you’ve just got to swallow it.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner