‘Reaching semi-finals not a good French Open for Tsitsipas’, believes former world No. 2
Former world No. 2 Alex Corretja said he is “counting on” Stefanos Tsitsipas or Alexander Zverev to reach the final of the 2021 French Open.
Two-time Roland Garros runner-up Corretja also believes world No. 5 Tsitsipas is “ready for whatever comes his way”.
Tsitsipas and Zverev are both in the bottom half of the men’s singles draw, and could meet each other in the semi-finals.
Eurosport expert Corretja said: “I don’t think there is a scenario where we say reaching the semi-finals is a good tournament for Stefanos.
“I think he is ready for whatever comes his way. He reached the semi-finals last year, he has won a Masters already, he has played semi-finals in Australia as well.
“I think between him or Alex Zverev they should be reaching the final – I am counting on them.”
Tsitsipas has defeated Jeremy Chardy and Pedro Martinez in straight sets to reach the third round in Paris. There, the 22-year-old will face John Isner tomorrow.
Zverev overcame Oscar Otte from 2-0 down in sets in the opening round, before beating Roman Safiullin in straight sets. The 24-year-old German will play Laslo Djere in the round of 32.
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner