Rafael Nadal is mentally stronger than Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, claims top ten star
Andrey Rublev says Rafael Nadal is mentally stronger than Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, and it makes him the greatest athlete of all time.
Rublev is having a breakout season himself, winning four titles and moving into the top ten in the world for the first time in his career.
However, it is Nadal who he says is the hallmark – not just for tennis players, but for all athletes no matter their sport.
“I can’t imagine not only how it is possible to win so many Slams but also how it is possible to achieve what he has done and how it is possible to be as mentally strong during the whole career,” Rublev said of Rafael Nadal.
“Even Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic have bad days through their career but Rafa is the only one who no matter how he is feeling himself emotionally he always finds the way to win.
“And even if he loses, he is fighting in three-five set for many hours.”
“All the athletes have bad days, but in team sports your partners help you, so the team can win at the end if all the other players are good enough.
“It is very difficult to compete in any match no matter what is going on in your off-court life. He is not just the best tennis player he is the best athlete ever.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner